Sunday, September 18, 2011

The pit of my stomach

So...
Sometimes things need to be said. They bother us enough that they have to be put out in the open. But when we finally put them out there the dread that fills your stomach is almost unbearable.


I'm not one to stand up for myself, especially against authority. I take what I'm handed and assume it's what I deserve... But that wasn't the case this time... I know that what has happened hasn't warranted this kind of treatment and I really would like it to end... But now that I've taken those steps I'm scared. I wanna pull the words back in and pretend it never happened.

Maybe I should have waited... I'm not ready for this...

Fairie Tales

 I used to believe in fairie tales
(that was how i used to be) 
the perfect prince would always come,
and find his future queen.
I told myself it was make believe,
fairie tales don't exist.
There is no princess and never is there a prince.
But they one day
(around seventeen)
you stood at my door.
Your arms around me told me,
you'd never ask for more.
Then all of those fairie tales,
came rushing back to me,
I cried myself to sleep that night,
(hoping love was real).

But who am I to kid myself,
Life's no fairie tale,
the prince will never find me,
he'll just look somewhere else.
I'm nobody's queen
and I'll never try to be,
the only thing I have in life is simply me.

That graceful Sleeping Beauty,
That luscious Snow White,
a simple kiss woke them both;
saving them from the night.
I remember when I was younger,
every night I would dream,
a kiss would wake me from my sleep,
and upon his noble steed.
He'd race away like thunder,
slipping through the dark.
He's arms around me held me tight
and said all was right.
I remember I would wake right up,
(just before the end),
a final glance at the castle door,
and the treasure deep within.


But who am I to kid myself,
Life's no fairie tale,
the prince will never find me,
he'll just look somewhere else.
I'm nobody's queen
and I'll never try to be,
the only thing I have in life is simply me.

But now that I think about it,
your arms felt just like his.
So soft and strong,
just where I knew they always belonged.
Then suddenly a knock
fell upon the door.
I couldn't get there fast enough,
time seemed to slur.
Then just like Cinderella's prince,
there you were in front of me.
Outside in the rain,
drenched from head to toe,
it became official for me,
how could I not have known.
I had you all,
heart and soul,
heat depth and passion.
No fights could come between us,
no queen could still our love.
A kiss you placed so carefully
upon my smiling lips,
I couldn't help but grab you back,
releasing the passion held within.

Sometimes I guess you should believe,
never be too quick to judge.
Love can come from anything and even anyone.
Even though I'm no Beauty,
and he wears no crown,
a fairie tale is what we have,
and love is what we found.

No comments:

Post a Comment