Sunday, June 19, 2011

Forbidden Night

Amber rays caress my cheeks,
as a burning sun hides away.
Brillant night slowly drowns me,
as black erases everything.

Simple pleasures in the glow of dusk,
such bittersweet emotion.
Gone is the sun which shines for me,
yet here is the moon which sings to me.

For i am myself not when day has reached its peak,
but rather when twilight captures me.
Only then can i strip the mask that i put on everyday,
only in the darkest hour do i ever feel as though its all ok.

So as specks of beauty begin to shine
(truly suns of a different kind),
and as the moon reaches peak,
all around me i feel alive,
and part of everything.

But sorrow follows soon enough,
as the moon is forced to go.
And i just wait,
behind my mask,
for the freedom of The Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment