Sunday, June 12, 2011

Today is definity my lazy day....

First and foremost, sorry for my complete absence. Been swamped and sleepy, which all in all are not very good things to be in a combined setting...

But I'm here now... which is all that matters. So let's see... I honestly don't remember much from friday... But, I do remember Saturday... and what a day that was. I had to drive out to Gainsville (with my family mind you, which is always grounds for complications) for my little sister's swim meet (further complications). So the day started in the usual way, me getting rushed out of the house, getting in the car, wishing I could be ANYWHERE else and setting out on the road. The drive wasn't that bad, after all, isn't that the exact reason ipods were created? So we finally get there (low and behold an hour early) and the pool is a pretty nice set up. Small water park at the entrance, freaking huge water slide, separate diving pool, and a small shallow pool for those kiddies not quite ready to conquer the 50 yards of infinite torture.
        SO, my family began the ultimate search for shade... Cause i mean, we live in Florida and when the sun comes out, all the SMART non-masochistic Floridans find better ways to avoid the heat rather than just sitting in the sun. But hey, we're a swimming family right? So we get a seat underneath some structural thing that I'm pretty sure was not meant to be sat under, we literally had to climb under bars to get to it, but when it comes to my family I've learned the best technique is to simply let them do what they "think" is best and I get to do the whole, well-you-should-have-asked-me thing, which I get to do a lot. The one thing about this day I forgot to mention was that I was at this sun-baked swim meet in jeans. Please don't ask me about the logic in this, because there simply was none. So after about a half hour of that insane melting sensation, I discovered the magic land of clearance bathing suits. And yes, I, the non-swimmer, got my parents to buy me a suit, because frankly heat stroke is not as romantic as it can be portrayed to be. But after that my day became a continuous journey from my seat to the water park to my seat to the pool to watch Alyssa swim, to my seat and then repeating the whole thing all over again. Fun right?
           So after the swim meet finished, my parents decided they wanted to go see the University. That's fine with me. You see, much to the chagrin of my boyfriend and seemingly all of my friends, I was born and raised a Gator girl. I remember running around as a little girl in Gator uniform, cheering for every game. I even have poorly photographed evidence... Yea... so... We went and walked around the athletic facilities and ooed and ahhed as was appropriate. I saw all kinds of things... The Heisman statues etc. I actually got to go out into the stadium and watch a try out. I mean it was really cool. But the thing is Gainsville is a "college town" as my parents like to say... so the things surrounding the college weren't exactly what I thought they would be. Lots of bars and clubs, all looking pretty sketch, which is a funny word to use around your parents, cause they don't know what it means... But they kept pitching the idea of UF to me... and it wasn't what I grew up dreaming it would be. I mean its hard for me to imagine what our darling Tim Tebow did there for four years. And yes darling. But no... I'm not one of those girls that is a fan of the Gators because of Tebow and what he did for them. And no, I'm not a fan of Tebow because he's super Christian and attractive. I actually think he's a little baby faced for me... Just saying. But there is something in Tebow I liked when he played for us. Maybe it was the pure way he played, how football was his world. The devotion and passion he put into his sport. He showed characteristics in the sport that I wish more athletes, hell more people in general, showed. But let me insert a few pix from the journey... 

Yea, that's him....

Those poor fools don't seem to have a chance :P

This deserves to be really big... just saying....  


So back to my day... Finished at UF and went to Pizza Hut... and may I say that I am thoroughly sick of pizza.
But that was pretty much my Saturday in a nut shell.

But I finally remember Friday. I feel silly for forgetting. I went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie with my little sister. All in all a good movie... Except that they didnt tell you what happened with the Priest and the mermaid... That really bugged me... But hey, I guess it can me a 100% perfect movie can it?

That night I went to dinner with Nick. PF Changs. Yum as always. And my boyfriend? Amazing as always. Its hard to screw up a night (even for a ditz like me) when you've got a guy like this. He finds humor and adorableness in almost everything I do... I say almost because well... I don't doubt that I have those moments where he secretly wants to strangle me!

But I have found a major purpose to this blog. Have you ever looked at yourself and thought... "Man what happened to me?" I do. And no, I'm not one of those people that goes on and on about how fat I am... I just remember how in shape I used to be. So I want to get back into that shape. This blog will serve not only as my personal outlet for the world, but as my motivational stance. So.... I'm gonna go shave my legs, throw on a suit and begin my trek into the world of hardcore working out. Wish me luck!


XoXo 

No comments:

Post a Comment