Friday, August 12, 2011

I don't want to be just another number

I can't find inspiration,

my mind just draws a blur.

I can't think past your kisses,

or the seductive way you slur.

I dream of hands intertwined,

Of fingers interlaced.

Of life forever, you and me,

lost in our own space.

I can't stand the way you play,

the childish manner you take on,

the way you always treat me like,

I'm nothing more than your little pawn.

I don't like how you act so cocky,

Or how you can't spell my name.

I don't like the way the world is just,

some little child's game.

But yet here I am,

locked inside your eyes,

praying you'll never let me go,

that you can be my prize.

So I'll get past the bad,

work through the pain,

smile softly every time,

you whisper my name.




No comments:

Post a Comment