Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's the only way I can think to deal...

Runaway

No more pretending it doesnt bother me,
No more fighting off nightmares to fall asleep.
I wanna show you that im so much more,
I wanna understand before you walk out the door.
Its impossible for me just to let it go.


I dont think I ever truly wanna know,
all the things you say about me,
and all the lies youve been fighting to keep.
I cant walk away from what has begun,
you cant just ignore the me youre beginning to shun.


My words seemed jumbled,
and my thoughts dont make sense.
It seems to me,
You, dont really care just how i feel,
and i bet to you none of my words are real.


Ive had this conversation with you before,
and even then you managed to ignore,
every tear that fell from my eyes,
just another time youve made me cry.

Ive tried so hard to be the one,
The prodigy child,
the perfect one.
I wanted you to enjoy me,
all the things we did in company.

I let it go when you broke my heart,
even though i knew it wasnt right.
I pretended it was all mistakes,
and that our love was give and take.


But not this time,
I cant let it be,
you need to know,
your supposed to love me.
Youre the one id come running to,
when my hearts been shattered or my bruises are new.


So mother dear,
please hold my hand,
tell me you love me
and that you understand.
Tell me its all gonna be ok,
and that its never gonna happen again.


I know its alot for me to beg for,
but thats so little,
i want so much more.
I want you to call me just because,
and send me notes to show your love.
I wanna be the Gilmore set,
happily ever after,


But then, I exit the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment