Sunday, August 28, 2011

How to say the simple things

UNNAMED

Fate is cruel,
times are hard,
people just dont give a damn.
How easy it is
to betray a lover,
a comrade, or a freind.
Money makes the word go round,
no longer is it love.
War is all we seem to know,
hate our only passion.
So we shelter our children,
cling tightly to our mother,
cry to daddy when we're scared,
defend our little brothers.
Its not a nice one,
this game we play,
but what can you say?
This is how the world was meant to be,
why the caged bird is never set free.



Such Sweet Surrenders 


Once upon a time there was me,
 I often hid from what I should be.
 Because I never was really sure,
 Of what life would have in store.
 The ups and downs,
 The highs and lows.
 The passion,
 Romance,
 And lack of control.
 But life’s been bumpy,
 Times are tough,
 And I find myself to be in love.
 Fast I fell,
 And it kinda hurt,
 But my lover’s arms were my comfort.


A Dying World


I like language,
secrets of foreignlands,
harsh growls and suggestive whispers,
Each showing separate ways of knowing.
Some sound cruel, the harshwinter,
others sweet, the rose’sbloom.
No matter what, they connect us all,
leaves on a branch of a tree.
A tree that is slowly dying as languages cease to be,
as peoplekill and peopledie,
erasing parts of history.
But I like language,
and shall fight to save the ancient tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment