Saturday, August 13, 2011

Some desires are so deep rooted that even the thought of them haunts us


Rose-Scented Kisses...


I see you,
I want you.
I taste you,
I crave you.
It seems like you enjoy the game that I play,
My tongue flicking and teasing across your lips.
I taunt you,
I tease you.
I touch you,
I need you.


Close Enough to Start a War

 
Such evocative eyes,
Such powerful attraction,
Led not by a carnal lust
Or an insatiable passion,
But by simply a need to discover what captivates his mind.
What does he dream when he lies to sleep?
What causes his eyes to drift towards the towering ceiling of a dark lit room?
Is there any thoughts that could shake the world?
Or is it simply a jaded man’s lack luster attempt at self reflection?
But more I wonder,
What do you think when our eyes catch for that brief moment,
Over the heads of dozens,
All equally disinterested in the story singing in the air.
Do you reflect on what I may be thinking of you?
Or why it seems that I can’t draw my eyes from you,
That is without looking back a few seconds later.
Possibly I hope you’ll catch my gaze
And
Maybe
Just maybe
You’ll smile at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment